Saturday 12 April 2014

April Austerity - Chocolate Chomping Cheat

Ok, so Sunday 13th looms on the horizon and I am almost at the half way point of this little experiment, so I thought I'd try and sum up the progress so far and work out 'where I am' - yes, at home on the sofa, with a cup of tea and the cat.

You're probably wondering about the chocolate chomping.  Well, I haven't and that is an odd thing.  As far as I was concerned, chocolate was one of my five a day and this had been the case for most of my life.  When I was recovering from heart failure as an infant, the first thing anyone could get me to eat was a plain chocolate digestive.  At this point the medical team and my mum were less concerned about what I was eating, they were just relieved I was eating!  The dye was cast and plain chocolate has been my default setting ever since.  But on the 1st April it all changed; I haven't had any chocolate this month and the really odd thing is, I haven't missed it.  If you'd told me to give up chocolate for Lent, charity, a week, 24 hours, I'd probably have laughed at you and told you were to go and how to get there.  I have chocolate tucked away in Narnia (large cupboard under the stairs).  I have been into the cupboard, seen it and not touched it.  It's not bothered me.  What does that say about cravings for sweets/mind over matter/addiction/want vs need?

So, no, I haven't cheated on the chocolate front, but I am going to cheat the next time I go shopping.  It's back to the Wombles again.  On my way back to my car, outside Tosca in Egham I saw this on the ground --->

  
Considering I am down to just over £6 for the rest of the month, this may well save my bacon.  I drove home dreaming of knocked down apples and avocado.  So, is this 'cheating'? If I was genuinely this broke, I could still have picked up this receipt.  You'd be surprised how often people abandon these on the car park floor!  If I found a fiver, I'd pick it up; I'd be mad not to.  

Feeling like I've won the lottery tonight...


3 comments:

  1. Wohoo! I've seen these before and I take them too. Money is money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! If Tosca found it, it would end up in the bin!!!

      Delete
  2. I womble Asda receipts to check for Price Guarantee vouchers - it's free money! :)

    ReplyDelete