Tuesday 1 April 2014

April Austerity - Tea Tasting!

Everyone, who has half an idea about what makes me tick, knows this: I drink tea, therefore I am.  Or something like that...

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner ladies and gentlemen:  Aldee tea at £1.99 for 160 teabags is brilliant.  It is as strong as the £2.69 for 80 box that PG Tips produce, or the £4.76 box of 160.  At the time of typing this Tosca are also selling 240 PG Tips for a deal of £5.00 and 460 for £6.99.  Which ever way you look at this, the Aldee box is the cheapest!


As for the Ginger Nuts?  Well, actually, they're not bad either.  Your options at Tosca at the moment are the Everyday Value 300g pack for 25p; the 'normal' Tosca pack of 200g for 39p, or Mcvities packs of 250g for £1.09 (or 2 for £2).  On a budget?  My money is on the 25p pack.  It's the cheapest and it's the biggest!

But... I looked at the ingredients of all three varieties and they all contain Disodium Diphosphate - otherwise known as Disodium, Pyrosphate (sounding even less appealing).  Aside from being used as a raising agent, this little charmer can be used in the treatment of leather, to remove stains off the hides.  It's also used to remove the scurf and hair off of pig skin.  NOM!

I wish I hadn't had that second biscuit now...

No comments:

Post a Comment