Wednesday 2 April 2014

April Austerity - Food Forecast

What's on the Menu?


So this is what it boils down to; can someone live (not just scrape by) on £1.50 of food in a day?

Breakfast!


Porridge - made with the following:
40g oats (serving is 50g) 3p
25g sultanas  - 4p
100mls water                  
100mls milk - 4p
Total - 11p

Calories: 279
Fat:         4.4g
Sugar:     23.2g
Salt:        Trace




Based on this, I think I'll be increasing the oats to 50g and reducing the sultanas to 20g!


Lunch!
Mission Herb Wrap: - 6.25p
Tosca Everyday Mayo: -1p
Lettuce: - 4p
Cucumber: -5p
Carrot: -4p
apple: -31p
Total: -51p


Calories: 313
Fat: 8.7g
Sugar: 20.2g
Salt: 1.2g



I haven't worked out the calorie content etc. of the veggies as they would be negligible!  The wraps are now off deal and I haven't found any more coupons to replace them - clearly, I'm now hunting for vouchers for next month!

Dinner!
I had this last night and owing to not wanting to waste anything, it looks like tonight's dinner and tomorrow's lunch as well :S

Panebello Pizza - Free - I won it!
(whole costs £2.50 - ⅓ = 83p)
Lettuce: - 4p
Cucumber: - 5p
Carrot: -4p
Onion: -1p
Tosca Everyday Mayo: - 1p
Total: - 15p


Calories: 347
Fat: 13.7g
Sugar: 3.5g
Salt: 1.62g

This would have cost me 98p, had I had to buy the pizza.  Half a pizza is a portion; this was divided into three.  The cost would increase again. 

Teabags and Milk allowance - 15p

My Daily Food Spend 
- with the free pizza  - 77p 
- 'paying' for ⅓ pizza - £1.60
- 'paying' for serving of ½ a pizza  - £1.87

Daily Consumption:

Calories:  939
Fat:          26.8g
Sugar:     26.9g
Salt:        2.82g

I'll probably have a couple of those ginger nuts this evening, but which ever way you cut it, there is not enough food on the plate to sustain most adults, on the available £1.50.  I won't do this mathematical working out every day; it's taken too long and it's tedious to read, but I will once a week, on a random day work it all out. 

My weight was 46.4kg this morning.  Harefield likes me to be 45kg and they advocate a lowER calorie, lowER fat, lowER sugar, lowER salt diet.  This selection ticks that box, even if the sugar percentage is high.  I sense this weight coming off fairly quickly.  If it drops too low, then I may have to abandon the fruit/veg in favour of keeping my weight stable - just as the government FINALLY catches onto the idea that the English really, really don't eat enough of the healthy stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment