Monday 21 April 2014

April Austerity - Tales of Tosca!

Oh Tosca, you are so inept!  I'll get back to that in a minute, but a quick update that this weeks austerity shop actually only came to £7.61 as they didn't bring the bread that I wanted, so I still have enough for some milk next week - but I won't need to buy any more of that because Tosca are total twits...

My shop this week - including stuff for next month's cupboard and the freezer - should have cost me £27.95.  It came to £21.95, because of my wombled voucher, plus a few other coupons that I had.  The delivery was 15 minutes late, so I rang and moaned - £3.50 refund.  Result.  Then just as I was unpacking the delivery driver pitched up again with some of my shopping - I didn't think anything of it, until I got everything out:
Two legs of lamb (free range - on deal + coupon:  I always get some lamb when going to see mum, as it's her favourite: that's the next two trips sorted then!)
Two pots of plain yogurt
Two lots of pate
Two lots of lettuce
Four pots of houmous 
Four lots of Philidelphia Cheese
Yes - they'd doubled up my order.  I rang them; I keep the stuff and I haven't been charged. That's £14.73 worth of free food.  Now I am waiting for my £5 vouher for spending over £20 and to see if I have any money back on their Price Promise.

So um...yes, in terms of this month, I have a truck load of milk and lettuce, two tubs of houmous and philly... I can't get anything else in my freezer and I'll be spending next to nothing next month too.  It's a shame they didn't double up on the tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, courgettes :D


My doubles - the others were already packed away.
I love Tosca!

No comments:

Post a Comment